One-of-a-kind work is a large part of my business. A custom piece usually takes 4-6 weeks to create depending on the item and if materials need to be ordered in advance. Please email or call to obtain an estimate for your special item. To give you an idea how it works:
1. Call or email to discuss your ideas, colors and to send photos of items you like for reference. Once this is done a $20.00 design fee is due (nonrefundable). This covers the cost of samples, design time and mail fees to send you the sketches to review.
2. After the fee has been paid Blue Ridge Rags will send you 3 sketches that will include swatches of fabric and/or leather for your consideration. Rhinestones may also be included if they are needed.
3. Once a sketch is approved the work is ready to begin. At this time 1/2 of the total price for the garment is due. The $20.00 design fee paid earlier will be applied to this amount making the original design fee- free. The customer will also need to send a completed measurement worksheet (provided by Blue Ridge Rags). It would also be helpful for the customer to send a garment that fits well for reference.
4. Depending on the garment, the lining or a mock-up of the garment may be sent to the customer for fitting. The first shipment of the lining/mock- up is included in the price of the garment. If the garment needs to be sent more than once the customer is responsible for those fees. If you are located in North Carolina a fitting can be arranged at your convenience.
5. Once the fit is finalized the garment will be made. Once the garment is complete the remaining balance on the garment is due. Shipping for the garment will also be due at this time.
Payment: Full payment can be rendered before completion if you desire. Payments can also be made during the entire construction time if the client wishes-however, the item must be paid in full and shipping paid before the garment will ship. If you plan on paying with a check keep in mind that until the check clears the garment cannot ship. COD may also be available- be aware that a money order or cash are the only acceptable payment methods for COD. The customer is also responsible for any COD fee charged by UPS or FedEx.
Alterations: I take the utmost care to ensure your garment will fit properly. Due to variations in patterns, materials, and body shape, alterations may be necessary. Blue Ridge Rags will be happy to make any alterations free of charge as long as the measurements have not changed and I am notified within 20 days of the problem. Two weeks is required for the alterations to be made, and additional four working days for transport of the garment.
Returns: All custom orders are nonrefundable, and considered final. If the customer is unhappy with the garment and it is something I think will sell- I can offer the option of selling the garment for the customer on my website. This is however, at my discretion: The garment will be listed at the price the customer paid less shipping charges. When the garment sells the total price less paypal fees (if sold with that payment method) will be deducted. The remaining moneys will be sent to the customer via a check from Blue Ridge Rags.
Discounts: Often, discounts may be available. Blue Ridge Rags is always looking for advertising or design opportunities. Whenever I can I offer discounts for return clients, those who send me photos wearing a Blue Ridge Rags garment, and clients who order multiple pieces. People who are planning on wearing garments at a high profile event, or are willing to advertise for me can possibly receive a discount. This is completely at my discretion, and will be offered to the client when it is deemed appropriate.